Sunday, June 2, 2013

Why in the world should I resign?

Dear Cricket fans,
     
     It gives me immense pleasure in informing you all that I kept my promise of not resigning from the world's richest Cricket Board- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). I also know that by the time you have read the first sentence you all would have crushed this letter under your feet. However, that doesn't concerns me from expressing my happiness. 
     The very first thing that I would like to clarify is that the Mumbai Crime Branch has arrested my son in law and not me. But as societal values spread its branches all political top brass including cricket fans and my predecessors have asked me to resign on moral grounds. Well if that is the case, then why doesn't Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh places his papers? After all he was in charge of the coal ministry when the Rs. 1.86 lakh crore scam took place. 
     You people don't even know what is the benefit of handling the operations of the richest cricket board. I didn't change the norms of BCCI purposely. I did it so that I can have a side income. Now can anyone tell me what's wrong in having a side income. In India almost every second person has a side income and I'm a citizen of this great country. Moreover, I didn't own Chennai Super Kings (CSK) illegally, I made a constitutional amendment in BCCI laws. 
     If you guys think that I have a conflict of interest between CSK and BCCI then you all have misunderstood me. I never thought the way you guys did because I always kept the interest of the board first which is why I never spoke anything about the controversy surrounding my son in law. I completely gave him the responsibility of managing the team affairs of CSK. Moreover, I even laid a condition- that I would continue to represent India at the International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings if I were to step down. Yet you people never understood my love for BCCI. 

                                                                      Your's Sincerely,
                                                                         N Srinivasan
                                                                     (BCCI President)                                                      

                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment